Today was day two and I'm already pretty confident that I won't be blogging every day. The goal is to post a few photos here after "stretching the lesson" so to speak. In most cases I will be snapping a bunch to get the feel of the lesson, mostly throw away shots, and then as the week progresses I plan to get more "selective".
This is what I was looking at for most of the day. I have been "resting" to kick this sickness before my insane week kicks up on Monday. I should also note that our assignment this week is to shoot a bunch, and pick a subject and then try many angles. And to shoot full auto. I'm summarizing obviously but you get the idea. The goal is to look at things differently, from many angles and perspectives. I'm actually very excited about this week. I plan to put a few hours aside to really play with this one.


This is one of my puppies. I have three little dogs and they pretty much run the household. Dante here was chilling with me for most of the day and I snapped this of him on my way back to the couch. I cropped it up to the image that I had in my head when I took it. Mainly he is in here simply because I like the shot and he's adorable. It wasn't necessarily part of the lesson. But, my first rule is to break the rules ;)
Now, the following group is a flower arrangement that is long overdue for refreshing. It was at night, with all house lights on. I did some with flash and some without. I don't particularly like any of these, and quality wise they are all not good. But, I just felt like I needed to be sure to get the ball rolling. I have high hopes for the week. I didn't do any post processing other than an auto adjust for color/contrast.


My daughter decided to dye her hair today. She pulled me off the couch to get some shots. The first two were my favorite of the bunch. The third I just couldn't help but post process to make it look "special"











I am glad you are taking this seriouly. that you are willing to shoot many angles of a single subject and allow yourself to shoot both good and bad shots will really help you grow.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how so often people think that because I have this crazy sense of humor that means I'm not taking something seriously. It's so refreshing that you get that they are not mutually exclusive. I really appreciate all of the time that you are taking with this and hope to be half as good of a student as you are a teacher :D
DeleteI really like the one with the grass and the balls (top right0.
ReplyDeleteAnd the poochie =D
I totally dig that last artsy photo!
thanks :) the last one is def my favorite
Delete