PLUS POST MISSION 2
OK, this was a REALLLY rough week for me. I pretty much hate (ok, strongly dislike mostly because of focus issues) my selects. I took like 250 shots today during my one hour break in the day and this was the best of the group. I discovered that I am TERRIBLE with a monopod. It was my first time using it so I know there's a learning curve but ironically, most of these shots are no pod, handheld. I used it for most everything shot today.
I also learned that I look way too much. I am just not comfortable with iso etc. yet and adjust and need to look. I take a shot of the lake and then of the rope next me and need to compensate greatly. I'm just not able to do it yet without looking to check.
I also discovered that I need a really good long zoom. It's not gonna happen for a while, so I need to figure out how to adjust. Do I just not even attempt things that far away, keep them as landscapes? I just don't know yet.
I put 5 instead of 3 here not because of quality but so that you could get an idea of my subject matter and also for help in getting better at it obviously.
As for the camera, I am getting much better at not looking when changing if needed. The manual/auto on the lens feels hard to push and I have to pull away sometimes but I can "feel" where they all are. I really need to put some time aside and figure out LR. I am learning some by accident. I've got a system to copy to a drive as I go so that's nice, the tags are obviously easy, the big thing is the export process and how I keep records of what I've done. I'll post separate on that.
Sorry for the lateness of this. Don't worry I'm not discouraged. I've just got work to do. I will try the tripod a bit next week when I get the plate from my daughter, maybe that will be better.
*note: I would have liked to go back in and color correct these shots but have not had time. I was playing with the blue and tweaked too much so that it looks like the wrong WB. 2am photo editing is not wise ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment