Saturday, March 10, 2012

Week 2 Day One

Well our fearless leader has given us our next topic...FOCUS.  And no, it isn't just "is this fuzzy". It's all about the picture telling a story. What is the main focus or "star", what are the supporting actors and you get the idea. We have a few limitations but it's all about DOF (Depth of Field) this week.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!

OK, I have to say that I'm really excited about this one. I consider myself to be a storyteller so making me focus my images on "what does this say" is perfect for me. I'm really hoping that I will learn a lot this week but at the same time I sort of hope I rock at it. ;)

However, I'm not off to a great start. This blasted sickness is wreaking havoc with me and I spent the last few days on the couch.  I did manage to snap a few photos while waiting to pick up my daughter though. Sadly, I didn't even move from the car, nor dodge the rain. I know, I know, not very "professional" of me but when lifting the gear out of the bag causes you to sigh in frustration you limit your options.

Today I shall take some more...in my house.  If I'm lucky I may venture into the yard but only time will tell.

not as crisp focus as I'd like

 


I was trying to highlight the swatch of pink in a sea of green

2 comments:

  1. You are controlling your DOF nicely! It seems quite overcast so getting your best shutter speed for sharpness might have been a challenge. I look forward to more, and I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ron! Yes it was overcast and rainy. I'm still learning a bit about the inner workings of things too and appreciate all the insights.

      Delete